Our 12-month Kinship Membership gives all kinship carers in your local authority or area, regardless of legal order, access to the following:
Advice and information
- Priority access to our Kinship Advice service, including advice and information on issues such as housing, benefits, financial issues, education, family relationships and contact and applications for grants for essential items
- Access to our website, regularly updated with information in relation to COVID-19 and kinship care
- Access to live Facebook advice surgeries and discussion groups
- Lifelong membership of Grandparents Plus Kinship Community of over 8,000 kinship carers
- Access to regional support groups (currently virtual)
- Someone like Me telephone peer support from a trained kinship carer
Support for practitioners
- Membership of our Kinship Professionals network
- Reduced rate on workforce development services
- Branded collateral to promote the service to kinship carers
- Your logo on Grandparents Plus website
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online workshops run in collaboration with local authorities, to prepare new special guardians for their role.
Responsive, remote, time limited 1:1 support for kinship carers.