Kinship Young Champions is a new project for young people living in kinship care thanks to funding from Children in Need.
This project will be led by young people, promoting their interests and developing their skills and confidence.
Do you live with a grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling or family friend full time? (This is kinship care.)
Do you care for or work with young people living in kinship care?
The Young Champions project is designed to be a nurturing space, focusing on the wellbeing of the participants and giving them a space to flourish and have fun.
Our Kinship Young Champion will:
- Learn new skills – such as public-speaking, photography, media and communications
- Have fun and meet other young people living in kinship care
- Help us to understand young people’s views
- Campaign for change to help kinship families
Young Champion extra information
- Young Champions will include face-to-face and online activities.
- Kinship will cover all costs for young people, including travel.