Location: Grandparents Plus office SE5 or home based
How I will be contributing?
We support kinship families who often find themselves in difficult situations, emotionally, practically and financially
Our volunteers work across our different programs around the country and are supported by our Project Workers, programme managers and Volunteer Development Manager. In order to properly support our volunteers who, run support groups, raise awareness and provide individual support to kinship carers, we need support from volunteers who are able to undertake important administrative tasks.
Administrative tasks can vary from project to project; some roles will be limited to specific activities whilst others will have a broader range. Some tasks will be ongoing and others will be related to a specific project such as Kinship Care week.
What will I be doing?
- Updating data and records on spreadsheets and our database
- Responding to queries from kinship carers and volunteers over the phone, via email and post
- Scanning and uploading documents
- Conducting surveys over the phone
- Following up on case studies
- Updating social media accounts and responding to comments
- Conducting online research
- Providing any additional administrative tasks as needed
- Working within the boundaries of the charity’s confidentiality and data protection policies
We are looking for
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Good organisation skills and time management
- Good written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail and accuracy
What support will I receive?
- Induction, training and ongoing support
- Support and supervision from the Volunteer Development Manager
- Reimbursement for travel and reasonable food expenses (on production of a receipt)
I would like to help
Please, complete our volunteer registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org