Becoming a special guardian can be daunting. Support at this early stage can have a positive impact for your whole family.
Our Kinship Ready preparation workshops are for people thinking of becoming, or new to special guardianship and help you with:
- trauma and attachment
- support plans
- overview of legal orders
- where to go for help and support
- meeting other kinship carers in your area
The workshops are commission by and delivered in partnership with Local Authorities, so we only offer them in areas where a local authority has commissioned us to run them. Currently these areas are:
- London Borough of Barking & Dagenham
- London Borough of Newham
- London Borough of Newham Redbridge
- London Borough of Newham Tower Hamlets
- London Borough of Newham Waltham Forest
- London Borough of Newham Walsall
- Surrey County Council
- Newcastle & Gateshead District Council
If you live in one of these areas and want to attend a workshop, please get in touch with your Local Authority Children and Families Team.
We are always in discussion with Local Authorities about commissioning our support services for kinship carers so we hope to be offering these workshops more widely soon.
Please mention them to your Local Authority and ask them to get in touch with us.