We know that it can be difficult to find information about kinship care – whether you are an informal kinship carer, have a Special Guardianship Order, Child Arrangement Order or Care Order. Our advice pages are up-to-date and relevant for you. If you can’t find what you need please get in touch with our advice service.
You can access our Someone Like Me service which matches you up with one of our volunteers, who is also a kinship carer. It’s an opportunity to share your experience with someone who understands.
You can purchase our Kinship Care Guide England.
Information and advice
- Adoption support fund
- Bereavement support
- Contact with birth parents
- Developmental trauma and attachment disorder
- Disability or long-term health problems
- Employment rights
- Financial support
- Fuel poverty
- Legal options
- Local authority allowances
- Lost contact with grandchildren
- Making a complaint about Children’s Services
- Mental health and emotional support for kinship carers
- Support groups
- Talking to children about Kinship care