We carry out research and share it with decision-makers and others to call for improvements in law, policy and professional practice.
For more information, please visit our policy and influencing page.
- Forced Out: delivering equality for kinship carers in the workplace (June 2023)
- Developing good practice in financially supporting special guardians: a guide for local authorities (June 2022)
- Out of the Shadows: a vision for kinship care in England (March 2022)
- The economic case for kinship care (January 2020)
Annual surveys of kinship carers
- Breaking Point: kinship carers in crisis (October 2023)
- The Cost of Loving: annual survey of kinship carers 2022
- Kinship care: State of the Nation Survey 2021
- Kinship care: State of the Nation Survey 2020
- Kinship care: State of the Nation Survey 2019
- Kinship care: State of the Nation survey 2018
- Kinship care: State of the Nation survey 2017
- Kinship care: State of the Nation survey 2016
- Disadvantage, discrimination, resilience: the lives of kinship families (2014)
- Forgotten children: children growing up in kinship care (2013)
- Family and friends care: “What if we said no?” (2010)
- Family and friends care: Recognition, respect, reward (2009)
Financial allowances surveys
Resources to support special guardians
If you’re a professional working with special guardians and kinship carers, explore our best practice resources to support your work.
Evaluation reports for our services
Read about the impact of our support services on kinship carers and society, including our leading Kinship Connected programme and Covid-19 response activity.
Join our Researchers Network
If you’re a researcher or academic, join our kinship care research network to stay updated with the latest research into kinship care and meet others working in this area.